Friday, March 13, 2009

When will our world be one without walls or oceans or locks and keys or borders or boundries. When will it all be one. What if the oceans evaporated and the continents came together and then the walls had little stair cases over top of them which lead to right to the people you love who you once were so separated from.

What if our world was one.

What if my plate was your plate and my pockets were yours. If what I had was what you had and nothing was lacking?

I'm feeling the ocean's width real-strong-like. Not only are they living a different life, but they're living it nine hours ahead of me and my night is their day, my breakfast is their supper. This is what happens when distance takes us apart.



Holding thier breath and jumping really high so that maybe they'll be caught flying.



Here is Dinga. You've just got to meet her.




Shifts shifts shifts.





Esther and Dinga are beautiful.




Carrying firewood back from the river.

1 comment:

TaraB said...

You have a really beautiful African family Emmaline. What's beautiful about what you described in the beginning, about the oceans evaporating and continents connecting, is that that's exactly what heaven is going to be like. All these connections that we've made around the world with different people, we're going to get to SHARE them with the others we've come to love along the way.

Welcome home Emmaline. I hope Spokane is refreshing your soul. Love you!