Monday, February 9, 2009

little stuff.

I detached Armelle from my back and after the 10k round trip trek to
the river, we had created a damp layer between our two bodies. Three
year olds are not meant to be carried like that and I was
exhausted. But after Jolie got over her shock that we had actually
gone to the river and back like that, she brought me her nice soft
horse blanket from her own bed. She laid out the big mat and spread
the blanket down. Then she told me to lay down. She rushed around
getting me tea and shooing the rambuncious kids away. I laid down
and Armelle came and laid down next to me. Jolie came and we all
sipped tea. Armelle was extra affectionate and curled up against
me. She told Jolie in her sweet little dilect, "Emily is my
friend." Then a bit later she said, "Emily is my sister." Oh the heart.
We have a game that we always play. It's called, "bung pna," which
means "give one." I always have my hair in braids and she does
too. She'll say, "give me one of your braids," and I'll ask for one
of hers and give it a little tug. Sometimes, when she's feeling
extra funny, she'll ask for all of my braids. :) Oh it's the
little things that make us happy. That's something that has come
to the front of my mind here. It's the little things.

No comments: