Thursday, November 27, 2008

fulthankday.

thank-ful list!

-thankful for health. i am not doubling over in pain from bad
bacteria crawling along my gastrointestinal linings.
-i haven't had malaria. miracle.
-i have amazing mom who sent me a Santa suit to Africa! I'm so excited!
-i work with absolutely incredible people at Bere hospital.
-the two littlest kids in my house make me smile so big that I almost
let out a gaspy sob of joy.
-i wake up without an alarm at 5:30 most mornings...I've never been
more rested.
-i fall asleep easily with lots of noise.
-the people love to run here.
-i don't feel like I'll die of heat.
-the mornings are even cold.
-the river is close.
-i have dried milk.
-there is a guitar here.
-we have email ever tuesday and friday.
-i have a clean water source. never have to purify my water.
-there are lots of colors in Africa.
-i have time enough to read here.
-when i go home there will be vitamins and vegetables and fruit right
at the grocery store.
-i have a phone that my parents can call me on.
-spices.
-stars.
-bucket showers.
-coal fires.
-my mosquito net.
-pictures on my hut wall.
-here, the world is not quietly telling me i should be something that i'm not.
-francs.
-peanuts.
-bruille in the morning!
-wonderful paths to walk around town.

this is.....more than enough to give praise for.

2 comments:

Jennifer Payne said...

Hey Emily, you don't know me, but I am friends with Ansley and Kristin. I'm reading your blog too because I am so interested in your life there and what you guys are doing. You are in my prayers daily, and I am constantly inspired by what you all do. Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us!

Carley Brown said...

My favorite is "here, the world is not quietly telling me i should be something that i'm not."

That must be a great feeling!

luv u millions